Staff Front End Engineer, Self-Service Team
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Are you ready to make your mark on the future of Conversational AI? Here at Replicant, we're not just creating technology; we're pioneering an industry. We're seeking a high impact Staff Engineer to accelerate the transformation of our state-of-the-art virtual call center platform
In this role, you'll build out rich user experiences on a robust and scalable architecture. You’ll work closely with customers and our product and machine learning teams to create powerful self-service tools that enable users to build powerful and delightful AI-powered conversations for callers.
Join us and redefine the boundaries of what's possible with contact center automation. Deliver unparalleled value to our customers at scale and shape the trajectory of our product. This isn't just a job, it's an opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in the Conversational AI industry. Let's revolutionize communication together!
What You'll Do
- Build modern, single-page applications using technologies like React and NodeJs
- Provide technical mentorship, code reviews, and technical project leadership for your team
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, best practices, and design patterns in your team
- Use metrics and your team's collective experience to drive development decisions
- Share your passion for learning about technical topics with your team and peers
- Participate in regular on-call rotations to support our systems
- Collaborate with your team to manage and prioritize work through a rigorous, yet lightweight, agile process
What You'll Do
- 7+ years of Software Development experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience leading technical projects and prioritization with a customer-focused mindset
- A deep understanding of the unique requirements and challenges of B2B applications. You understand the importance of reliability, scalability, and usability in B2B software.
- You have a strong grasp of accessibility standards (WCAG, ARIA) and are experienced in developing inclusive web applications that are accessible to all users, including those with disabilities.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Test Driven Development, Distributed Systems and API design
- A desire to create elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions
- Experience with some of our primary technologies: React, TypeScript (or similar) and PostgreSQL
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.