Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, SRE
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Replicant integrates with multiple internal and third party services to ensure that each phone call is orchestrated seamlessly – dealing with various different transfer protocols and telephony systems, ML models, and web services – all in real time with minimal latency. You'll help us scale the systems and tools that serve as the backbone of Replicant. As we grow, we need your help and expertise to iterate towards our next generation core platform and tools, orchestrating logic between the telephony layer, NLU engine, and business integrations to help our customers reach successful outcomes with natural conversations.
What You'll Do
- Design and maintain distributed multi-tenant backend systems and infrastructure.
- Build systems to monitor on-prem or cloud-hosted software and infrastructure operations and detect outages/issues in network or server environments; identify, analyze and resolve system availability, reliability, and performance issues.
- Automate repetitive maintenance tasks using scripts and software.
- Balance long term decisions with short term investments to keep the business running effectively.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our product, design, and marketing teams to develop new features and improve existing products.
- Write and review architectural design documents describing complex platform changes.
- Serve as a technical resource and expert across teams on industry standards and best practices to solve complex problems.
- Improve and lead the adoption of Replicant’s technical standards across teams.
- Mentor, coach, and lead fellow team members and other engineers across the organization.
What You'll Bring
- Experience working with web services, distributed systems, traffic/load balancing, continuous integration, and data storage systems.
- Proficiency in Linux, modern scripting languages like Python, and configuration management tools like Helm and Terraform.
- Interest and ability to read production code and reverse-engineer business logic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a vivid imagination.
- Passionate about engineering and team culture.
- Keen eye for and experience with building understandable, testable and scalable systems.
- Flexibility to learn and work across our team’s entire tech stack.
- Independent thinker and like to own and solve complex problems.
- Interest in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations.
Our Tech Stack
Our applications today are primarily built using TypeScript/NodeJS on Kubernetes (GKE). We also use PostgreSQL, Helm, Terraform, GitLab, Python, Rust, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, GCP, Azure, AWS, and more.
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.