Software Engineer, Thinking Machines
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Replicant is an ecosystem for crafting conversations, with in-house deep-learning algorithms we’ve built from scratch that allow our Thinking Machines™ to listen, think, and interact with the world. We have also built a suite of tools for conversation design and development, monitoring, testing, continuous learning, and constant improvement.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Software Engineer with strong development and communication skills to design, build, and improve customer-facing Thinking Machines™. You will have the opportunity to improve our core services where necessary, implement clean communication between various internal and external systems, explore Conversational UIs, and help level up our growing team.
What You'll Do
- Solving interesting challenges as not all of the problems we encounter have frameworks or well-defined solutions
- Ownership; we know that we don’t know everything and want your help to be part of the solutions
- Develop Thinking Machines™ in Typescript and in-house visualization tools
- Leverage internal tooling to build machine learning models
- Work collaboratively with developers, QA, project teams, and customers to ensure our products are the best they can be
- Work as an integrated member of a fully remote, cross-functional Scrum team
- Review and write API specifications for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical mentorship within the engineering organization and be ready to assist when necessary
- Write, run, refactor, and maintain scripts to retrieve or modify data
- Review and improve our internal tools and models for creating Thinking Machines™
- Participate in regular on-call rotations to support our systems.
- Participate in daily and weekly Scrum rituals (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint retros)
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback, maintaining a high bar for clean and testable code.
- Analyze and break down technical designs into tactical and executable blocks of work
- Contribute to process improvement and operational procedures
- Track time and effort on ongoing tasks and provide regular updates
What You'll Bring
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- Proficiency with code versioning systems such as GitHub or GitLab
- Experience with cloud hosting providers such as AWS and GCP
- Prior experience working on a production SaaS application - we are primarily a Typescript shop, if you have a strong eye for clean, modular code then you will fit right in
- Thrive in high-paced interactive team environments
- Strong team player - we work in small product teams that work very closely together and are constantly collaborating in order to move as fast as possible
- A strong sense of ownership and customer empathy — we work very closely with our internal teams and external customers. Maintaining positive working relationships with them is paramount to the success of our business
- Excellent communication skills and a vivid imagination
- Openminded and independent thinker who likes to own and solve challenging and complex problems
- Willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks as needed
- A keen eye for data flow and building well-designed, testable systems
- You are interested in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations
- Experience working with REST APIs, Authentication (OAuth 2.0 and Basic)
- Experience with enterprise tools like Salesforce and Zendesk experience is a plus
- Experience with Jest as a Unit Testing framework is a plus
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋🏼♀️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Replicant is dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment, aiming to achieve diversity that benefits not only us and our customers, but also our future. We highly appreciate varying perspectives, skills, and experiences, and encourage applications from all demographics of society.
We warmly welcome individuals with disabilities and will provide necessary support throughout the entire hiring process. If you require an accommodation related to a disability, please reach out to us. Replicant will collaborate with applicants with disabilities who request accommodation to ensure that the provided support aligns with their specific accessibility requirements.