Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Thursday, June 3, 2021
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
As the leader in Contact Center Automation, Replicant helps companies automate their most common customer service calls while empowering agents to focus on more complex and nuanced customer challenges. Replicant's AI platform allows consumers to engage in natural conversations across voice, messaging and other digital channels to resolve their customer support issues, without the wait, 24/7. We are now leading the way in using Large Language Models (LLMs) to transform customer service- again.
If you're excited by AI, ChatGPT, LLMs and want to make an impact with other great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious security engineering lead that wants to own and improve cloud security architecture, develop security automation, and build threat intelligence operations. You will own the vision, roadmap and execution for the Cloud Security and Threat Intel programs, while driving alignment across senior leadership and our partner engineering teams. Your work will play a critical role in building our world-class security program and establishing Replicant as a market leader in voice AI and contact center automation.
What You'll Do
- Security Analytics & Threat Hunting - 40%:
- Research attack campaigns and facilitate awareness on common tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Develop and co-manage cross-functional purple team training exercises
- Develop threat hunting use cases to support risks identified within the threat model(s)
- Design SIEM use cases based on threat research and the business risk profile
- Security Automation & Infrastructure as Code - 40%:
- Develop and maintain security infrastructure as code for GCP and AWS infrastructure
- Develop Python scripts, or similar, to automate recurring security and compliance tasks
- Develop Python scripts, or similar, to collect and analyze large data sets from multiple sources
- Cloud Security Architecture - 20%:
- Advise engineering teams on infrastructure security design
- Advise engineering teams on identity and access management design
- Advise engineering teams on securing third party integrations
What You'll Bring
- You have a high degree of technical competency in relation to GCP cloud infrastructure
- You are grounded in fundamentals and continuously learn new security concepts and technologies
- You have excellent communication skills which allow you to communicate risk effectively at various levels
- You find complex challenges fun and relish autonomous yet collaborative working environments
- You are willing to wear multiple hats when needed to do what needs to be done for the business
- You have a high bar for attention to detail, are well organized and self-motivated
- You are an independent thinker and frequently seek and give constructive feedback
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🏋🏼♀️ Health and Wellness Perk
🖥️ Equipment Stipend
🌴 Flexible vacation policy
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
🌺 Replicants are eligible for a 5-week sabbatical after being at the company for 4.5 years
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Replicant is dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment, aiming to achieve diversity that benefits not only us and our customers, but also our future. We highly appreciate varying perspectives, skills, and experiences, and encourage applications from all demographics of society.
We warmly welcome individuals with disabilities and will provide necessary support throughout the entire hiring process. If you require an accommodation related to a disability, please reach out to us. Replicant will collaborate with applicants with disabilities who request accommodation to ensure that the provided support aligns with their specific accessibility requirements.