Accounts Payable Specialist
Siete Family Foods
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Say you see a group of people searching for a needle in a haystack—do you:
A. Slowly moonwalk away…
B. Encourage everyone to give up and grab tacos together instead!
C. Google “how to find a needle in a haystack.” There’s bound to be a solution out there somewhere.
D. Bust out your handy dandy metal detector—you’re here to help! Plus, you’ve totally done this before, easy peasy.
If you answered option D, you may be the perfect candidate for our Accounts Payable Specialist position. We’re on the hunt for an eagle-eyed, dollar-detective to join our Siete team. We need you to TCB (take care of business) when it comes to IOUs (I owe yous), invoices, and other expenses, too. Sound like a job that’s tailor-made for you? Well then we’d love to hear from you!
- You have a keen sense for attention to detail and were one of the first kids in your first-grade class to discover that 0.7734 spelled “hello” upside down on your calculator.
- You’re exceptionally organized and monthly deadlines don’t scare you like that ghost in the closet...we kid, we kid!
- Like the last leg of a relay team, you welcome challenges and collaborate with others to achieve desired goals.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Some might even say you’ve got the need. The need for speed!
- You’re adaptable (which, according to Google, makes you like a tardigrade, also known as “water bear.” Look it up, neat stuff.) and able to thrive in an environment with conflicting priorities. (Again, like a water bear. Kudos to you!)
- Keeping up with a variety of tasks all at once is a piece of cake to you. You’re like a high-tech computer with many, many tabs open—only the tabs are color-coded and categorized, with ample memory to spare!
What you will do:
- Review, code, and process vendor invoices in Bill.com and NetSuite with emphasis on processing accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Partner with budget owners to ensure correct GL coding of invoices.
- Assist with management of corporate credit card expenses and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Communicate with both vendors and internal teams to help resolve any issues regarding invoices.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Review and process new vendor forms.
- Assist with annual audit and 1099 filings.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 3-4 years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Excel proficiency is required.
- Netsuite experience is strongly preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is a plus.
- CPG experience is a plus.
- Bill.com experience is a plus but not required.
Please fill out our culture questionnaire. There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.