Operational Quality Assurance Manager
Siete Family Foods
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 7, 2023
Hola! As a seasoned expert in the Quality Assurance and Food Manufacturing industry, we know you’ve probably got your hands full (figuratively speaking) of evaluations, continuous improvement strategies, and operational knowledge, but we’re glad you’re taking the time to eat—er—read this....Pardon our Freudian Chip! What we’d really like to know is whether or not you’d be interested in keeping your hands full of all those things, but tossing in (literally this time) our delicious Tortilla Chips, Botana Sauces, and Salsas into the mix, too. Sound like something you’re interested in? We look forward to hearing from you!
- Like a binder with color-coded and alphabetized dividers or a planner with categorized tasks and to-do lists, you’re organized and pay attention to detail.
- When people describe your communication style they use words like, “clear” and “effective” (some might also use words like, “witty” and “kind” and “super cool person,” but hey, we’re not here to put words in your mouth!).
- If solving problems was a problem, you’d have it solved. As in, you’re the kind of person who can solve a Rubik’s Cube or the Times crossword puzzle in record-time. You’re that good.
- You’re like the trusty revolving tray you pull out for holiday gatherings (only much speedier and more proactive) because of your ability to pivot and multi-task competing priorities—er, dishes.
- You’re the first person to start a project, always. You take initiative, this way you have ample time to meet every deadline—all while making sure you’ve got a back-up plan for Scenario A, B, C, and Z, of course.
- You demonstrate effective communication skills to work with multiple suppliers and vendors, all while managing a variety of tasks, projects, and operations—check, check!
What you will do:
- Monitor production and perform internal audits at co-manufacturers around the country.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit programs and standards.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with Siete’s product line and manufacturing process for each product.
- Address safety and quality concerns as they arise and recommend appropriate response plans.
- Serve as the point of contact for co-manufactures when food safety or quality concerns arise.
- Investigate Quality and Food Safety issues at co-manufacturers.
- Assist and maintain good GFSI standing for all audits conducted at Siete owned facilities.
- Attend Plant Trials and First Production Runs at co-manufacturers.
- Assist with validation and maintenance of the product specification database. Establishes and maintains communication with procurement, suppliers, operations, and R&D to ensure specifications are accurate and current.
- Assist with implementing change management from the quality department at co-manufacture.
- Monitor and ensure the continuous improvement of quality and manufacturing processes.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of government regulatory and legislative activities established by federal and state agencies around food manufacturing and compliance.
- Support and provide expertise to new product development and innovation activities; manage close communication with team members from Product Development, R&D, Marketing, Quality, Procurement, Legal, and Customer Delight.
- Travel an average of 50% of the time.
- 4+ years of quality assurance in a food-manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong foundation in GFSI schemes and FDA policies is required.
- Experience with internal auditing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with shelf-stable and temperature-sensitive products is a plus.
- Degree in Food Science or Technology or Laboratory Science (such as biology, chemistry or physics, etc.) or related discipline a plus.
- Proficiency in software/desktop applications such as Word, Excel, supplier management software preferred.
- Experience with TraceGains Software is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred but not required.
Please fill out our culture questionnaire. There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.