Software Engineer (Typescript / Go)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for a creative, caring and proactive software engineer to join our core product teams to help our enterprise customers adopt open source and stay secure.
The role is within a team in the Platform Group, which aims to build a scalable, extensible platform used by both our Snyk product offering teams and our Enterprise customers to solve complex challenges, namely:
- onboarding large developer teams onto our multi-tenant SaaS offering
- analyzing and reporting on all the data generated within the customer’s enterprise
- applying policies that ease security compliance as an integral part of the software development lifecycle process
This year, the Group will extend our ability to onboard customers 100x times larger than we have now; redesign and replatform our internal security reporting offering from the ground up and build a flexible and extensible role-based authorization system.
Here at Snyk, you’ll use your knowledge and experiance as a developer, along with your problem solving skills to help us develop software that, in turn, helps others to develop software that is and remains secure.
You’ll spend your time:
- owning everything from the end to end process of taking a requirement through design to production and monitoring to operational insight of specific features in our product
- engaging in problem analysis and collaborating with product to create plans that continue to delight our current users and win new ones
- executing on those plans by coding across the full stack
- working in a full CI/CD environment, at a sustainable pace, in two-week sprints
- promoting technical excellence across the team
You should apply if you:
- have experience working on a complex production SaaS web application
- are able to pick up new concepts and programming languages quickly
- can take the initiative on your work but know when to ask for help
- understand how to effectively test, write quality code, and conduct useful and respectful code reviews
- like to move quickly and iteratively, and believe that shipping early is often best
- are comfortable with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- are proactive and enjoy working on cross-functional delivery teams
- are comfortable pair programming
- enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with others
- are interested in providing technical direction for the team, and influencing prioritisation
- are able to take feedback gracefully, with a mindset of continuous improvement
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have Go or NodeJS experience
- have worked with Kubernetes
- have experience scaling a rapidly growing SaaS application
- have experience working as part of a globally distributed team (UK/US)
- have worked on large-scale HTTP/gRPC or sidecar pattern systems
- have experience troubleshooting issues in large-scale systems
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?