Senior Software Engineer - Open Source Division (Typescript / Go)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
In Snyk Open Source we introduce and improve support for dev tools, languages, package managers, source code management and more. This means tackling challenges such as taming the complexity in developer ecosystems, providing a reliable and fast service at scale, and optimising the algorithms behind dependency resolution.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Pair-programming to collaboratively build the services that power Snyk
- Working across the entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy and support high-quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Making use of best practices and new technologies to maintain and extend our existing services, including finding the right alerting, monitoring and SLOs for your services
- Collaborating with other teams to build a product everyone truly loves
- Continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes needed to address them
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback, and mentoring
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow
- Evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in TypeScript, Golang, or another similar programming language
- Production-grade experience with Kubernetes
- Cloud-native and/or Docker experience
- Experience working with production databases
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience with multiple programming languages, and are interested in learning more
- Have experience with RESTful APIs
- Have an SRE background
- Are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?