Director, Business Applications
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and driven individual to join our Corporate Information Systems organization to support Snyk’s hyper-growth as an Director, Business Applications. The Director, Business Applications will serve as a trusted advisor to our Finance and People teams (collectively General & Administrative or G&A) and the interface between those teams, the IT organization, and outside vendors and integrators. The CIS organization’s mission is to 1) deliver a secure, reliable, and scalable IT system, processes, & infrastructure; 2) increase productivity via automation and integration; and define Snyk’s long-term technology ecosystem.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Working with key stakeholders across Snyk’s Finance and People teams to obtain an understanding of business requirements and system needs;
- Acting as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the IT department, and outside vendors.
- Collaborating with operations intelligence teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Working with business intelligence teams to guide the creation of business-oriented reports based on data available throughout the G&A IT ecosystem
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and IT management to develop annual budgets and roadmaps
- Evaluating proposals, building business cases, and determining how they fit into business and IT roadmaps and priorities;
- Managing the deployment of new technology solutions
- Leading change management initiatives to minimize disruption to the business and improve end-user experience.
- Collaborating on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
What You’ll Need:
- To be agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment
- To act speedily and iteratively - focused on getting things done
- Proven experience guiding the implementation of large Finance and HR systems such as Netsuite, Workday, Coupa, Vena, etc.
- Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- A baseline understanding of financial statements
- Possess strong business acumen
- Have 5-10 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 2 years of leadership experience
- Previously worked as a Business Analyst, Project Manager or Program Manager
- Ability to build strong relationships with a broad set of stakeholders that have diverse interests
- Project/program management skills - ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills in both formal and informal situations
- Enjoy acquiring new knowledge and skills and can do so quickly
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have a high degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations; and
- Are an effective listener and communicator able to influence actions and outcomes
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances
Something looks off?