Senior Database Reliability Engineer - Postgres
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
No developer should have to choose between security and reliability. We will ensure that Snyk is dependable, with a reliability track record that encourages developers to embed Snyk in their workflows.
You will join a team that owns the reliability (SLOs) of key customer workflows and runs the applications that most influence Snyk’s reliability.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Pair-programming with application developers and reliability engineers to make changes to improve database performance
- Diagnosing the factors that most impact performance of key Postgres databases
- Improving database performance via performance tuning, separating workloads, and changes to deployment topology
- Teaching the wider team Postgres internals, diagnostic approaches, and good practices
- Building database tooling that makes our practices and processes safer and more reliable across R&D
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
- Proactive attitude, who enjoys working as part of a team
- Teaching and coaching others outside of your team in order to build a community of practice around database reliability and operability
- Deep knowledge of Postgres internals
- Experience with software engineering and systems engineering
- Experience working with production databases, including responding to incidents that involve diagnosing database issues
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Are passionate about all things security and reliability
- Are familiar with one of Typescript, Go
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances