Senior Incident Response Manager
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
The Enterprise Security group at Snyk is looking to hire an experienced Security Incident Responder to own our Security Incident Response capabilities.
Snyk is a cloud-native, SaaS company with a diverse technical environment. Enterprise Security is looking to bring on an individual with broad technical knowledge and experience in Incident Response. This person would own the IR function at Snyk and grow our internal capability to respond to threats. While the primary function of this role is traditional IR within a cloud-native function, the other responsibilities include managing threat intelligence, driving purple team activities, threat hunting, and defining engineering requirements for our detection team.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Investigating alerts generated by our security tech stack. Enterprise security leverages multiple managed products for both detection and response, you will own and maintain these platforms to protect the company
- Responding to security issues identified by Snyk employees
- Acting as the Enterprise Security incident response lead for security incidents
- Creating incident response playbooks
- Working with security engineers to develop new detections and improve Snyk’s coverage of enterprise assets
- Executing threat hunts within our cloud environment
What You’ll Need:
- Experience responding to security incidents at a cloud native company
- Experience responding to incidents related to compromised AWS or Google principals
- The desire to build a dedicated IR function from the ground up
- Previous experience acting in a consulting capacity as an incident responder with experience across many organizations
- Knowledge of modern attack TTPs, specifically within AWS/GCP and a cloud native enterprise environment
- An understanding of attack chains pertaining to complex build pipelines. Snyk leverages SSO as a core component of our identity management - Understanding modern attack TTPs pertaining to SSO is highly desired.
- Experience working with Managed Detection and Response service providers
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have strong scripting skills, ideally Python
- Have experience as an IC and exposure to managing and or building teams
- Have worked within the DevSecOps industry before
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances