Senior Software Engineer, Container
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join one of our Application teams. In modern software development, much of any project's deployment relies on Container technologies. These containers are used across industries, carrying both our applications and their dependencies, and within these containers, there can be vulnerabilities. As part of our team, you'll join us on our mission to continually improve our ability to identify these container components and vulnerabilities.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Help build efficient APIs for consumers of Snyk Container data
- Exploring and establishing new abilities we need to develop our product to further achieve our mission
- Working across the stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy and support high quality, reliable, fast services that power Snyk
- Deliver high-quality changes to production consistently and sustainably
- Identify and implement improvements in team processes and workflows
What You’ll Need:
- Proficiency in Golang, Node.js, TypeScript, or willingness to learn new languages
- Dedication to effective testing, code quality, and helpful code reviews
- Proactive attitude, collaboration, and strong sense of responsibility
- Experience in cross-functional delivery teams
- Enthusiasm for learning, sharing knowledge, and pair programming
- Passion for mentoring and supporting other Engineers' growth
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have experience scaling fast-growing SaaS applications
- Have experience with Kubernetes at a production level
- Have cloud-native and/or Docker experience
- Have expertise in large-scale distributed systems
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances