Staff Software Engineer (C++)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative Staff Software Engineer to work on the engine that powers Snyk Code. Our DeepCode Engine is a potent mix of traditional program analysis, big data and a relentless focus on performance that brings insights and detects vulnerabilities in the biggest and most important codebases of the largest enterprises in the world today.
Theoretical computer science is key to what we do, but we measure ourselves by results: whether the problems we find in our customers’ code are real, and whether we describe it well enough for them to fix it.
You’ll spend your time:
- Developing algorithms that analyze millions of lines of code in seconds
- Extending the breadth of our support to cover the multitude of languages and idioms used by the world’s software developers
- Testing your work against substantially all the world’s open source code in order to know how well it works in practice
- Adding new capabilities to a tool that surprises and impresses thousands of developers every day.
You should apply if you:
- Have developed large systems using C++
- Are interested in algorithms and data structures
- An aptitude for reasoning about code as data
- An interest in programming languages
- To prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code review
- A bias to action to resolve the ambiguity inherent in a high growth company
- To work sustainably, quickly, and iteratively
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience with compilers and/or program analysis. Professional exposure would be perfect, but if you wrote a hobby compiler once we’d still like to hear from you.
- Have completed research on machine learning
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances