Help Desk Specialist
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We're looking for a Helpdesk Specialist to join our IT team, providing technical support across all offices, facilitating internal usage of tools and systems, managing the offices’ IT infrastructure, and implementing policies and cross-functional IT initiatives that help enable Snyk to scale globally.
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyk’s departments to support the evaluation, implementation and operation of technologies across the different departments.
You are experienced with existing technologies, and comfortable with new ones. You are a problem solver with excellent execution and communication skills. You will use this experience to define the systems and policies that will help Snyk in its rapid growth.
Role Location: London, UK (In office)
You’ll spend your time:
Supporting the day to day operation of Snyk’s offices, including Networking and Conferencing.
Supporting Snyk’s employee base with a data driven approach and a focus on user satisfaction
Supporting the onboarding of new employees, and offboarding of leaving employees
Understanding our current technology stack and its usage across the company, as well as current gaps and requirements for future tools and systems
Identifying and prioritizing organizational opportunities for automation, software adoption.
Collaborating with the rest of the CIS team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices
You should apply if you:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Help Desk or Systems Engineer
- Have great tech experience & skills in the areas of problem determination, and troubleshooting of end user problems
- Using expertise, analyze & resolve the user problem at 1st contact via phone and remote session.
- Have demonstrated computer skills, Handle service requests from company users.
- High School Diploma or college courses/certificates in related field (computer science, information technology)
- Excellent Knowledge with macOS.
- Have strong technical skills and experience managing a large portfolio of business applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in hardware and software issues,Ability to diagnose and resolve advance technical issues
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products, including A/V equipment
- Multitask with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Are user-focused and enjoy building effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Are able to adapt in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task
- Ability to cover after-office hours and weekend support if there are any infrastructure issues.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have good knowledge of networks, including TCP/IP, LAN, VLAN, WLAN. VPN systems (IPSEC)
- Have coding experience and experience with the use of APIs to automate processes and integrate systems
- Have experience managing access control systems and SSO
- For tricky issues, filing tickets for our engineering team to resolve;
- Ensuring that every user facing an issue knows exactly when they’ll hear back from us and how we’re doing with solving their problem;
- Listening to our users’ needs, keeping track of recurring requests, and representing their voice in product prioritization discussions;
- Improving our support processes, so that as we continue to grow we can keep providing prompt and delightful service
- As the main point of contact for our customers, you’ll play a critical role in building and maintaining their trust. You will need to balance the needs of our enterprise customers with those of our self-service online users, so that we can build a sustainable business while also contributing to the open source community
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape what best-in-class technical support looks like, and to help us get there. That could be through writing customer documentation and FAQs, or developing your technical skills by working on tooling for the Customer Success & Support team, for example dashboards or integrations between tools we already use (like Slack, Intercom, and Jira).
- Over time, we’d love for you to lead the support aspects of our Customer Success team, or to transition into a developer role in the broader company.
What You’ll Need:
- You love helping people, and care deeply about providing an excellent customer experience.
- You take a logical approach to solving problems and prioritization.
- You are a clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, and you enjoy explaining things to others.
- You are curious: you love to explore new challenges, but know when you need guidance from someone with more domain experience.
- You’re interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances