Senior Software Engineer - IDE team (C#, Typescript)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Join our dynamic IDE Engineering team and be a key member of Snyk’s mission to fix security vulnerabilities at the source! We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to further elevate the developer experience within the IDE. With Snyk’s plugins, users can identify vulnerabilities, review fix advice, and confidently deliver secure code all within the IDE - ultimately, enabling more time for building, and less time fixing.
As a senior member of the team, you will have the opportunity to build the future of how developers worldwide build more secure applications from wherever they code. The IDE team uses a modified version of Shape Up, focusing on eight-week iterations, and is distributed across Europe and the Eastern US.
You will contribute to our IDE Plugins, help evolve our Language Server, support our services in a distributed environment through occasional on-call rotations and have an enormous opportunity to impact the future of Snyk and the impact it has on developers worldwide.
We support plugins for VS Code, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, and Eclipse. If you feel comfortable programming in TypeScript, Kotlin, Java, C# or Golang, we’d love to meet you.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Actively contributing code, shaping our product, developing testing strategies, prototyping, and contributing to projects with a bias for action, and focusing on iterative delivery
- Identifying strategic opportunities for IDE innovations, driving the evolution of developer workflows
- Supporting and growing the other engineers in the team through pairing, feedback and mentoring
- Collaborating with Product and Design to understand requirements and translate them into functional features
- Working with teams across Snyk to ensure consistent developer experience for all of Snyk’s
What You’ll Need:
- Experience developing IDE plugins, preferably for Visual Studio for Windows or the IntelliJ platform
- Strong project leadership and technical leadership skills
- A passion for creating intuitive and consistent UIs that empower developers
- Collaboration skills for pair programming and code reviews, and a genuine enthusiasm for working with others in both synchronous and asynchronous settings
- High standards for code quality, testing, and iterative, continuous delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication via async collaboration, documentation, and visibility of work
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have prior experience in cybersecurity or AI
- Are familiar with distributed systems architecture and cloud computing
- Are excited about developing IDE plugins that enhance developer velocity and enable innovation
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances