Senior Solutions Engineer - Boston
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for a driven, customer-focused Senior Solutions Engineer to interface between our customers (new and current) and our product engineering, marketing, partner and customer success teams, both supporting the adoption of Snyk in new organizations and helping to evolve what Snyk has to offer.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Leverage your business and technical acumen to collaborate with customers to comprehend their business processes, goals, and challenges.
- Conduct DevSecOps workshops to consult, advise and guide customers on their developer and application security programs
- Design and propose Snyk-based solutions that meet client requirements.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the developer landscape, AI Copilot capabilities and how Snyk platform and its capabilities align
- Becoming a technical product expert, evangelist, and coach, able to give technical sales demonstrations to customers and partners
- Educating customers and partners about the adoption of open-source and cloud-native technologies and the importance of empowering developers to stay secure while using Copilots.
- Driving the technical aspects of the sale, providing demonstrations, managing technical proof of concepts (POCs), demonstrating product/technical expertise, and sharing best practice
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to customers during the implementation phase working with our customer success organization
- Interfacing with our sales, engineering, product, and customer success teams to build solutions that solve our customers’ problems
- Participate in the development of proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Contribute to the development of documentation and knowledge resources.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, Snyk updates, and emerging technologies.
- Shaping and informing decisions on new features based on your experience and feedback from customers.
- Build and maintain business and technical champions at our key customers and in the ecosystem
- Thought leadership at important industry events and tradeshows, traveling to conferences and meeting customers and prospects in person
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years or similar in the enterprise solution engineering, development roles or enterprise security consulting
- Proven track record with Global 2000 firms in managing and exceeding customer expectations in the entire customer lifecycle
- Ability to manage and present at executive to practitioner level at customers
- Expert knowledge of the developer and DevOps ecosystems and application security best practices
- Passion for learning about and tinkering with new technologies - you’re curious about how things work under the hood!
- Familiarity with a wide variety of coding languages and how they work
- Ability to plan and succeed, setting milestones along the way, over-communicate, create alignment, rally resources, and satisfy stakeholders
- Experience working closely with highly technical audiences
- A team-oriented mindset, one team culture fit is a must
- Appreciation for diversity and enjoy meeting people from all walks of life
- Be able to navigate and engage with people in larger enterprise environments
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have worked in early-stage, fast-growth startups… especially in developer tooling with a balance enterprise level execution
- Self motivated, continuous learner who loves to teach and coaching is a habit
- A developer background or experience with coding and/or deep security expect
- Prior experience in a direct or matrixed role with a proven ability to work across broad functional teams
- Experience working with the channel ecosystem
- Experience working as an enterprise or strategic sales engineer
- Enjoy mentoring your peers
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances