Staff Software Engineer - CLI team (Typescript, Go)
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Snyk CLI brings the functionality of Snyk into the development workflow. CLI scanning supports multiple content types, languages and tools and it enables developers to identify security issues while also providing meaningful and actionable results to fix those issues. We support running the CLI locally from the command line, in an IDE, or in a CI/CD pipeline.
Join the CLI Engineering team and our journey in continuously innovating the CLI experience that enables developers worldwide to build more secure applications efficiently.
We are looking for a talented software engineer with a passion for creative problem solving. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work in and contribute to a collaborative and diverse environment, while leveraging the latest development methodologies.
If you feel comfortable programming in Golang, or Typescript or willing to learn these languages we’d love to meet you.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Collaborating with your team to shape our product with a bias for action, and focus on iterative delivery.
- Actively contributing code while assuming full ownership and responsibility for all implemented changes
- Working with your team members to create actionable plans to further elevate the developer experience within the CLI
- Solving challenges such as reliability and code complexity
- Applying feedback and new knowledge on a broad scale, clearly communicating how actions enable team progress.
- Helping guide fellow developers through insightful coaching and mentorship, ensuring the successful completion of assigned tasks
What You’ll Need:
- High standards for code quality, testing, and iterative, continuous delivery
- Experience with development tooling like CLI and CI/CD tools
- Collaboration skills for pair programming and code reviews
- Familiarity with Typescript, NodeJS or Golang
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Have strong focus around validation and high product reliability
- Are familiar with distributed systems architecture and cloud computing
- Are excited about developing Snyk CLI to enhance developer velocity and enable innovation
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances