Senior Product Security Engineer
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Snyk is looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer with experience in the areas of application security, cloud native services and DevSecOps practices. We are building out a world class Product Security function within Snyk’s global Trust Office division to support the company’s rapid growth.
You will have a unique opportunity to help build and shape the technical capabilities and security practices employed across our industry leading product engineering teams. This role will report into the Application Security Lead.
You'll spend your time:
- Building innovative solutions that extend Snyks capabilities.
- Working with architecture, product and engineering teams ensuring security is at the heart of what we do.
- Collaborating with your peers to define security guardrails and templated secure-by-design architectural patterns.
- Performing threat models and code reviews for products and services.
- Engineering solutions that enable teams to self-serve on effective security testing capabilities leading to faster, safer code in production environments.
- Building out best-in-breed continuous security monitoring capabilities.
You should apply if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working in cross-functional engineering teams following DevOps/DevSecOps practices.
- The ability to articulate security as a business enabler.
- Scripting/coding ability in at least one language.
- Working knowledge of cloud native ecosystems (AWS, GCP).
- Experience writing solid test cases and documentation.
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53).
- Experience defining security standards and procedures.
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We'd especially love to hear from you if you have:
- Previously experience working as a security engineer working in a Product Security/Application security team or as a Security Champion.
- Practical knowledge of common threats and exposures to web apps and services.
- Strong interest and experience in offensive security techniques.
- Experience with either Golang, Python, Scala, Rust, TypeScript.
- Familiarity with data analysis/data science techniques.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances