Account Manager - Big CPG
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Account Manager Customer Success
Our Customer Success organization
Customer Success falls within the Revenue Organization. This organization is responsible for the attainment and retention of revenue, in other words the sales and service engine for SPINS and the supplemental support functions that help bolster these functions like sales operations, solution architects, etc.
What You Will Do
Our Customer Success Team is an important element of our business and represents the ability to assist our clients knowledge of SPINS data, embrace, and gain value from our SPINS solutions.The Account Manager will work a book of business of high valued customers within the Big CPG & FPG segment.
- You will be an advisor to your clients; gain a deep understanding of their business, challenges, needs and goals to help them derive maximum value from their investment with SPINS
- Including development and maintenance of strong relationships within the client company beyond just the main point of contact and users of tools
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Host and curate content for delivery at quarterly business reviews and account top to tops with key executives from SPINS and the client
- Act as a SPINS product expert using this knowledge to deliver the value of our data, tools, and solutions to our clients
- Form a strong business alliance with clients to understand client goals and objectives and quickly deliver solutions in support of them with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate best practices across client base and deliver insights and advice based on those practices
- Manage proactive communication and client touch points including change management from a data and product perspective
Account Planning & Strategy
- Champion the customer journey, including negotiating complex contract renewals to maximize net retention, mitigate risk, and ensure client satisfaction
- Develop strategies to expand engagement, enable adoption and mitigate churn to drive long-term account growth
- Anticipate client needs and manage client escalations that are raised to you from your partners and the client
- Be the voice of your client by capturing and communicating client needs and feedback to Product and Data teams
- Develop strategic account plans in collaboration with cross-functional teams to achieve revenue targets and business objectives
- Cultivate strong client champions and advocates through building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships with various stakeholders within the organization
- Identify new opportunities for expansion within the current client set of services.
- Prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and work with legal and finance teams to finalize agreements with clients
- Ensure contracts are accurately documented, managed, and renewed in a timely manner
What You Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related quantitative field of study
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing success, account management, or strategic consulting role; experience in enterprise account management or a related role, preferably in the B2B sector
- Excellent ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong oral and written communication skills including delivering of presentations and proposals
- Ability to engage with clients at all levels - from Analyst to C-Suite
- Ability to listen hard, discover client goals, and identify relevant solutions
- Ability to understand the client mindset and offer solutions
- Technical aptitude, analytical mindset and intermediate or higher experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through client issues
- Strong communication skills and experience building working relationships both internally and externally to facilitate a flawless client experience
- Experience in owning and proving renewal excellence of subscription-based services is a requirement including working on complex RFPs
- Demonstrated understanding of the industry, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- CPG, Retail, or natural/specialty industry is a requirement
We give bonus points for:
- Familiarity of contract management systems including DocuSign, Salesforce and or other CPQ management tooling is preferred
- Experience working with syndicated data (preferred SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or data in a Consumer-Packaged Goods manufacturing setting) is a plus
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.