Best Practice Client Insights Senior Analyst
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Best Practice Client Insights Senior Analyst
The Best Practice team falls under the umbrella of our professional services organization, CGS. Their insights work touches every category, from pet food to vitamins to coffee. There comes a time for every brand when they must buy data. Many companies do not have in-house expertise or the capacity to analyze their own data. Our brand clients then have a choice to make: to buy data…or buy data AND advice! Brands can think of the Best Practice team as a therapist for their business!
We are a collaborative team. You own your own clients, but if you ever have an issue, there's always someone to help. If you want to be the only superstar and shine in the spotlight all the time, this is not the right role for you. We aren't competitive with each other at all; we help each other. Collectively is how we succeed.
What You Will Do
The Best Practice Client Insights Senior Analyst will engage with clients to support them in identifying and capitalizing on their largest growth opportunities. The Best Practice Senior Analyst will be instrumental in the delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. This person will be working with our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. The Senior Analyst must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, and efficiently collaborate to leverage resources within SPINS and Client organizations. Experience using syndicated data services and exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills are key to success.
Account Management: discover and understand client needs, identify, and prioritize projects and requests, and establish insights agenda with the client
Data & Insights Delivery: deliver against insights agenda through relevant projects
Client Training: coordinate, facilitate and/or conduct onsite client training on SPINS data and applications, ensuring they are able to effectively use, interpret, and apply them to their business
Relationship Building: cultivate existing and new relationships across the client’s organization
Business Development: collaborate with client, leverage understanding of client goals, priorities, and needs to introduce relevant SPINS solutions and business development teams
What you bring:
- Prior experience with Point of Sale (POS) and Syndicated data
- 2-4 years of experience with a CPG company, consulting, market research, or syndicated data firm
- Proven self-starter with a goal-oriented approach
- Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies, and opportunities in datasets
- Strong business acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization
- Advanced capabilities with Excel and PowerPoint
You get bonus points for:
- BS/BA degree
- Natural industry experience is preferred, but not required
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.