Customer Success Manager
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Customer Success Manager
Our Customer Success organization
Our Customer Success Managers align with our Sales counterparts, Big CPG, Center Store, Snack & Beverage, Protein, Dairy and Non-Food. Each team led by a segment lead is comprised of CSMs that own their own book of business. Their daily tasks involve customer meetings, supporting critical escalations, monitoring, and encouraging usage and adoption, and all activities leading to renewal of the account. They are responsible for successful renewal.
The sum of the parts is greater than the whole. We share in one another’s wins, we offer support to one another continually, but we also expect that everyone steps up. Our team has a strong work ethic, focus on continual improvement and questions everything. As an individual, as a team and as an organization. We adore our customers. We feel like a part of their success, and ultimately love to help and solve issues.
Our industry is experiencing the need for our team to expand and provide scalable solutions. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager. This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with customers and internal teams across SPINS to educate, engage, and empower customers to achieve their strategic goals, reporting to the Manager, Customer Success within the Success Organization.
What You Will Do
Our Customer Success Team is an important component of our business and represents the ability to ensure our clients understand, embrace, and gain value from our SPINS solutions. The Customer Success Manager will be assigned a book of business according to the strategic needs of the segment. This high-impact role will handle multiple clients in an entrepreneurial, problem-solving environment. You will be responsible for renewing and growing your clients’ business by acting as a 'trusted advisor'; gaining a deep understanding of their business, challenges, needs and goals and helping them derive maximum value with SPINS.
- Become a SPINS product expert and use this knowledge to educate, coach, and mentor clients on our data, tools, and solutions.
- Distill best practices across client base and deliver insights and advice based on those practices.
- Independently own customer retention and growth, including communication, system entry and mitigation of potential retention risk.
- Manage proactive communication and client touch points including change management from a data and product perspective.
- Develop strategies to expand engagement, enable adoption and mitigate churn to drive long-term account growth.
- Cultivate strong customer champions and advocates.
- Anticipate client needs and manage client escalations that are raised to you from your sales and support partners and the customer.
- Act as the voice of your customer by capturing and communicating client needs and feedback to Product and Data teams.
What You Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related quantitative field of study.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer-facing success, account management, sales or strategic consulting role; enterprise software or SaaS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve and solution to drive customer value with SPINS data and products.
- Technical aptitude, analytical mindset and intermediate or higher experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision is required.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building collaborative relationships both internally and externally to facilitate a flawless customer experience.
- Can-do, positive, and team-oriented attitude.
- Experience working with syndicated data (preferred SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or data in a Consumer-Packaged Goods manufacturing setting) is required.
- CPG, Retail, or natural/specialty industry is a plus.
- Familiarity of contract management systems including DocuSign, Salesforce and or other CPQ management tooling is preferred.
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.