Director of Retail Partners
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Director of Retail Partners
This high visibility component of our business builds and influences the development of customer solutions for critical partners of our business. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of relationship management and leadership skills rooted in a passion to understand and connect with customers through business intelligence, syndicated data, and analytics. The role requires the ability to collaborate with all areas of the organization including executives, technology, analytics and insights, marketing, and sales departments.
What you will do
The Director of Retail Partners will be responsible for nurturing our partnerships with key retail clients as well as building a highly effective team. This role will guide account development with retailers who are at the core of our business model. Building senior level client relationships and cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships centered around retailer-centric strategies leveraging SPINS solutions is a key component to this role. You will actively seek opportunities to enhance the collaboration between retailers and SPINS to mutually benefit all. As a trusted subject matter expert, the Director will together with the SPINS internal teams match opportunities with our clients’ teams and be responsible for maintaining alignment and driving value. There will be routine interface with Senior Leaders.
Key activities include guiding creation of strategic account work plans and day-to-day management, coaching and advancement of client and team activity including:
- Understand critical retail processes and identify opportunities to infuse data and analytics to improve decision making
- Cultivate collaboration with key contacts within retail partner organizations to build relationships and drive advocacy at senior levels
- Connect with client stakeholders as trusted partners and thought leaders to develop competitive strategies founded in industry knowledge and in-depth analysis
- Prioritize opportunities with onsite colleagues by focusing on the value they deliver to both the retailer and SPINS
- Develop and deliver efficient reporting and analytics using proprietary data including business intelligence solutions, with a focus on the natural/wellness components
- Facilitate Executive-level meetings to align on and deliver strategic priorities
- Anticipate shifts in market trends and competitive threats to position SPINS as ‘go to’ thought leaders
- Share insight solutions that bring the ‘best of SPINS’ to address client issues, leveraging proprietary tools, capabilities, and consulting to deliver measurable value.
- Visibly demonstrate partnership value across multiple areas of the business through ongoing touchpoints and tracking. Align cross-functionally collaborating across SPINS teams to build scalable solutions to support retail initiatives.
- Synthesize feedback to anticipate needs for retailer partners on longer time horizons and coordinate product development and commercialization plans with SPINS internal teams, particularly the SPINS solution team.
- Facilitate learning and development within the team to develop standards for account management, collaborate to create and disseminate best practices for client deliverables.
- Manage retailer and partner agreements and renewals including successful execution of roadmaps/account plans.
- Effective communication with retail leadership team providing consistent updates to highlight wins and raise key challenges
- Build a highly effective and highly motivated team inspiring the achievement of SPINS mission and goals alongside building SPINS’ future leaders
What You Bring
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 8+ years of experience with a Retailer, Distributor, Broker or Manufacturer (retailer preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in account/relationship management and/or partner development
- 5+ years of experience story-telling using data, insight and visualization, experience with syndicated data required
- Business and commercial acumen
- Data analysis
- Advanced Excel/Visualization skills required
- Strong competence in technical skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Experience in building highly effective teams
- Build strong relationships with colleagues and Clients
- Guide and empower team to deliver against consistently high standards
- Instill a culture of constant development, exchanging feedback and improving ways of working
- Role model the behaviors you seek from your team
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.