Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Our goal is to establish ourselves as trusted advisors to our customers by enhancing our focus and specialization. We strive to sell with purpose. We leverage our understanding of our customers' businesses, current market trends, and valuable data and solutions to help them get the results they need to grow their business. To streamline our operations, the Revenue Organization is broken into segments: • Center Store • Plant, Protein & Dairy • Big CPG • Snack & Beverage • and Non-Food (VMS, Pet). Team members from Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, and Solution Architecture are assigned to each segment.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
What You Will Do
We are adding new logo sales representatives to our Snack and Beverage sales segments. This is a hunter sales role and will be focused on bringing new customers to SPINS. The target emerging customer will have under $10M in 52-week sales. The Account Executive is a major contributor to SPINS overall growth and profitability. This successful deal closer is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, and prospecting strategic client relationships.
This hands-on, individual contributor role requires a strong focus on positioning SPINS Solution Suites including data subscriptions, consulting services, and digital solutions. The ideal Account Executive will help to accelerate SPINS products & services and cultivate new business development. This role will close transactions with clients based on a core set of SPINS solutions, and then harness and coordinate the full value of SPINS to maximize client impact and revenue.
The Account Executive will be responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets of delivered revenue, building SPINS' business, and advancing SPINS business and relationships with clients. Key responsibilities include:
- Cold-calling, generating new leads and prospecting accounts.
- Running daily sales calls with potential clients to build your sales funnel.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Present solutions to prospective clients
- Remain in frequent contact with potential clients as it is critical to understand their needs
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts
What You Bring
- 2-3 years demonstrated outside sales experience
- Demonstrated success in strategic thinking, planning and implementation – a strong desire and track record of getting things done
- Knowledge and prior use of data, market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Volume based sales experience with proven metric achievements
- Effective when communicating with technical and non-technical individuals to drive understanding and inspire creativity
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong ability to manage through influence
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is a plus
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.