Insights Manager- Distributor Support
Who We Are
For over 20 years, SPINS has been a leader in recognizing the transformative power of data in retail. We offer our clients cutting-edge tools to attract attention from a fast-growing segment within the Health & Wellness industry, the values-based consumer. Nearly half of shoppers prioritize products that emphasize wellness, social responsibility, and sustainable practices. SPINS retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting services give our clients a competitive advantage to increase their share of this growing market. Our data is the most comprehensive and accurate in the industry, allowing clients to power AI models and machine learning algorithms that help them better understand and meet their customers' needs. At SPINS, behind all of our impressive data is our real differentiator, our people. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, flexible, and communicative culture that puts people at the center of everything we do.
Insights Manager - Distributor Support
The Retail Team is focused on recruiting, retaining, and expanding our partnerships with retailers and distributors to ensure their sustained growth. Retail is the cornerstone of SPINS as our Retail Partners are the primary source of data fueling our front-end applications and enabling our proprietary Product Intelligence. Our distributor partnerships are a critical part of this eco-system and tightly interwoven with our retail partners. Our distributor partners are the main enabler of products making it onto retail shelves from our brand partners. The Partnership/Expansion teams focus on delivering impact to our retail and distributor partners by leveraging our data insights and applications to help them grow their business.
SPINS is focused on helping our clients achieve sustained, profitable growth. The Retail Support Team uses SPINS industry-leading Natural, Organic, and Specialty Products Retail Market Information in combination with analytics and strategic analyses to generate powerful insights.
What you will do
This Insights Manager - Distributor Support will be working directly with the client (Distributor) to help them capture their biggest growth opportunities
- Lead the delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets, in combination with the client's team members and client's information.
- Work directly with executives at our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them.
- Partner with the client to understand, continually assess, and improve reporting and tools to continue to drive forward the client's business.
What you bring
- 3+ years CPG/Retail analytics experience in with a Distributor, Retailer, CPG company, or Market Research firm
- Prior experience managing client stakeholders and multiple projects concurrently
- Prior experience in translating data and using analyses in storytelling and reporting efficiency
- Excellent presentation skills and is very comfortable presenting to clients
- Initiative, creativity and a passion to deliver results that make a difference to our client
- Self-starter, with strong intellectual curiosity
- Prior experience with syndicated data such as Circana (IRi), NielsenIQ, SPINS, Numerator, etc.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We are more excited if you also have
- Experience with Distributor or Retailer
- Comfortable with complexity
- Interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to understand the customer mindset and offer solutions
- Skilled at leveraging business relationships at all levels within the organization
- Experience with the natural products industry
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members.
- We embrace hybrid work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide employee survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.