Old Orchard Center, Nordstrom Ambassador - Full Time
The Black Tux
Skokie, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
The Black Tux is a formal wear rental company changing the rental game by designing and manufacturing modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time. We started as ecommerce and we’ve taken our tuxes to select Nordstrom locations!
We’re looking for a The Black Tux Ambassador within Nordstrom to join our growing team. The Ambassador plays an integral role in supporting the foundation for our showroom business and partnership inside Nordstrom.
What You'll Do
- Being the face of The Black Tux within Nordstrom, ambassadors have an immediate and direct impact on the success of the business
- Provide an exceptional fitting appointment from appointment booking, look/s styling & setup, and check out
- Demonstrate menswear knowledge and The Black Tux product knowledge and to understand customer need and translate that into expert style advice
- Focus on communicating The Black Tux values and brand philosophy to new and returning customers
- Contribute innovative ideas to support a seamless showroom experience within Nordstrom Partner with the Nordstrom department manager and The Black Tux partners to address customer feedback, suggestions or concerns
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve your showroom goals
- Be a great team player by doing your part to keep the department ready for its close-up, including stocking, re-merchandising and display
Who You Are
- You’re excited to work in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced startup environment
- You're experienced with customers and motivated to help them through the rental process from start to finish
- You love being organized and have an eye for the details
- You place high value on being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You build great relationships with customers and co-workers through stellar communication and follow-through
- You'd describe yourself as positive, passionate about fashion, high energy, and eager to learn
- You embrace a flexible schedule based on department and store needs.
- You have proficiency in MS Office Suite - including Excel, Macbook, and Google Platforms
- You are tech-savvy and know your way around basic computer systems
- Preferably have previous menswear experience
- Preferably have a high school diploma or equivalent
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.