Senior Application Netsuite Engineer
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to work with and learn alongside the best in Product, Design, and Engineering.
About this role
Udemy is looking for a Senior NetSuite Engineer to help innovate and transform our ERP systems. This includes supporting process improvements & system integrations. In addition to this individual’s passion for building scalable solutions on the NetSuite platform, this individual should be an excellent teammate who thrives in an Agile SCRUM environment where teamwork is a must and priorities are constantly evolving. You will interact frequently with senior management and must become a trusted thought-leader to our extended business partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform in a technical leadership role and responsible for developing the strategic direction of the NetSuite practice
- Have a strong understanding of core NetSuite processes and functional implementation capabilities using the full range of NetSuite's native modules and platform tools, to include but not limited to - Dashboards, SuiteAnalytics, SuiteTalk Saved Searches and Reports customization, Workflows, SuiteBundler, SDF, Suite Script and so on
- Actively monitor the NetSuite platform product roadmap; communicate and respond to opportunities and threats related to the evolution of the platform
- Guide business and internal Business Systems teams on best practices and NetSuite functionalities
- Develop a deep understanding of “end to end” business processes and be able to clearly communicate the impact of a technical solution on existing and future processes at the organizational level
- Identify, design and implement creative business solutions to continually improve business process deficiencies and provide scalable solutions
- Develop ERP roadmap and maintain opportunities backlog
- Proficient with Agile methodologies and working closely with small teams and vendors
- Develop and maintain design documentations
- Validate and approve vendor design and changes
What you’ll have:
- Highly proficient in multiple Object-Oriented programming languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms
- 5 years of hands-on experience in NetSuite ERP (NetSuite Certified) with development tools such as SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, SuiteBundler, SDF, and APM.
- 5 years of full lifecycle NetSuite implementation, upgrade, extension, customization and support experience.
- Hands on experience with the following: Procure to pay (Procurement, Accounts Payable), Quote to Cash (Sales Order, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, Revenue Recognition), Fixed Assets, General ledger, Professional Services, Contract Management, Cash Disbursements / Cash Receipts
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the system integration capabilities in Netsuite, including SuiteTalk (REST and SOAP) and SuiteAnalytics Connect
- A good understanding of databases and SQL
- Familiar with SOX frameworks and ITGCs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with the team and cross functionally.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the India:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, life and income protection coverage
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement. 26 weeks paid maternity leave for birthing parents as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: 12% of your base salary or INR 1,800 per month
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Holidays: 25 paid holidays throughout the year plus bank holidays
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?