IT Support Engineer
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You’re deadline and results-driven, passionate about creating new processes, systems, and best practices that help your internal partners do their best work.
About this role
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to assist the CorpIT Support team and partner with Workplace, IT Engineering, Corporate Comms and Onboarding teams. This role will serve as a point of contact for office initiatives, automation testing, All Hands events, and employee lifecycle management. This person will be responsible for anchoring to our IT SLAs and providing excellent end user support for our staff.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the onsite point of contact for Executive IT requests in our SF Headquarters on a daily basis.
- Provide L1 and L2 technical support to Udemy internal customers for all end user computing technologies, escalating requests where needed.
- Address all end user IT requests, work with L3 teams for various operational projects, identify gaps in CorpIT Support process, document, and resolve. Research, assist and test enterprise solutions for our L3 teams when needed.
- Employee and hardware lifecycle management including: onboarding, application provisioning, deprovisioning, and offboarding
- Assist with IT support for various Workplace and Corporate Comms initiatives, office moves, A/V & maintenance where needed.
- Exhibit a solutions-oriented mindset, effectively train and upskill L1 staff on various tools for Operational tasks
What you’ll have:
- Extensive experience supporting executive level staff and their assistants required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, relevant experience and intellectual curiosity prioritized over degree
- Extensive technical support background (2-3 years minimum) with knowledge of cloud-based application architectures and methods used to manage them including: Okta Admin, GSuite Admin, and JAMF required. Active Directory, Intune, and SnipeIT are a plus.
- 3+ years experience working with MacOS, Windows, iOS, and android preferably in a SaaS Environment.
- Clear and concise communication, organization, and writing skills with vendors, employees and e-staff. Able to assist executive level teams efficiently, prioritize tasks, and be the “face of IT” with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of administration panels for SaaS tools including but not limited to: Google, Okta, Atlassian suite, Zoom, Adobe, Box, DocuSign, Slack, and Microsoft
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, virtual family care, reproductive health, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
The hiring range for this position is $90,000 - $123,000 annually. Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits and equity..
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?