SMB Account Executive
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
The SMB Executive prospects, consults and sells to companies in North America (U.S. and Canada) with up to 200 employees across all industries. You will become a Udemy product expert in this role through both inbound and outbound opportunities. You are an ideal candidate if you are excited about closing both strategic and more transactional deals. Excelling in this role will serve as a strong foundation for your career and future Udemy roles.
What you'll be doing:
- Selling to many types of personas (most common HR, Learning and Development, or Tech/IT)
- Owning deal cycle from start to finish (discovery call, demo, email follow-up and negotiation), including expanding current Udemy footprint with existing customers
- Creating and delivering accurate sales forecasts through strong pipeline management
- Collaborating with the greater sales team to share best practices and innovate
- Improving and streamlining your sales process as you learn
What you’ll have:
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant closing experience (full sale cycle preferred)
- B2B sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- Teamwork and good communication skills a must
- Ability to adapt, or willing to learn how to develop a growth mindset
- Humble, and eager to learn and be coached
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in purpose-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, virtual family care, reproductive health, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
The hiring range for this position is $50,500 - $59,500. Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits, equity and uncapped OTE.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?