Mid Market Account Executive - Southern California
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
Account Executives on the Mid Market team will prospect, consult, and sell to U.S. based companies with 1,000 - 5,000 employees, across all industries, within a specified geographic territory spanning several states. In this role, you will learn to take full ownership over a territory, develop sales plans and strategies, and become accustomed to identifying all types of opportunities and converting them into tangible, long term pipeline and revenue.
This is a remote-first role to be based in the Southern California territory.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing full sales cycle from discovery to negotiation, selling both transactional and multi-year 6 figure deals
- Building pipeline at prospect companies by setting meetings with HR/L&D and other Line of Business department leaders
- Land & Expand your client base by understanding current use case and identifying areas for expansion, through both individual efforts and partnering with Customer Success counterparts on Tier 1 client accounts, resulting in mid-term up-sells and up-sells at renewal
- Develop new sales tactics and outbound campaigns, while sharing results and successful aspects with your Mid Market colleagues
- Creating and delivering accurate sales forecasts through strong pipeline management
- Collaborating with the greater sales team to share best practices and innovate
What you’ll have:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant closing experience
- B2B sales experience (SaaS highly preferred)
- Proven prospecting and territory management experience
- Strong writing, strategic thinking, and planning skills
- Ability to adapt, learn and operate with a growth mindset
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in purpose-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, virtual family care, reproductive health, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?