Senior Product Manager
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to work with and learn alongside the best in Product, Design, and Engineering.
About this role
As a Product Manager on the Globalization team, you will oversee the product strategy and execution of scalable, global market requirements across Udemy’s marketplace, subscription & business products. This product manager will closely work with our International marketing teams, partners and product managers across the portfolio to influence and execute product roadmaps. You will work closely with engineers to break down complex problems, scope requirements, and create user stories, while also working with cross-functional teams like finance, marketing, design, and data science. You have deep experience working on taking products globally and building geo specific product enhancements.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about online education and has led numerous, parallel projects to success, ideally in environments that require adept navigation of both internal needs and external processors. This candidate would also be personable, collaborative and flexible, with the drive to manage complexities across multiple stakeholder groups.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and support the overall strategy, prioritization, and execution of our global risk and payments platform, enabling regional or country-specific launches
- Build an in-depth understanding of our B2B and B2C customers, systems, and financial controls, within a global regulatory environment
- Develop market-informed priorities and requirements from processors and cross functional stakeholders
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to deliver successful products and/or features
- Define, monitor, and measure key metrics and KPIs; incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Influence team members to direct the course of our technical solutions
What you’ll have:
- 8+ years of product management experience, building scalable SaaS products
- Experience in global products and working with teams across the globe
- An experimentation mindset; a/b testing at scale across geographies
- Natural talent for moderating competing ideas and finding creative solutions
- Passion about the education space and the problems we are solving
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsExperience collaborating across time zones (United States, Ireland, India, Brazil)
- Technical product management experience is essential
- MBA from leading universities will be a plus
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is ideal
- Experience delivering products for two-sided marketplaces, platforms
- Experience with SQL for pulling and analyzing data
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the India:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, life and income protection coverage
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement. 26 weeks paid maternity leave for birthing parents as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: 12% of your base salary or INR 1,800 per month
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Holidays: 25 paid holidays throughout the year plus bank holidays
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?