At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on our company page.
You’re a connector who puts people first and values the lasting partnerships you’ll build. You’re an active listener who cares about the stories people share and are energized by communication and collaboration. You love learning new things and are known for bringing innovative perspectives and questions to the table. You’re deadline and results-driven, passionate about creating new processes, systems, and best practices that help your internal partners do their best work.
About this role
Udemy is seeking a Workplace Partner to join our scaling People team. This role supports the Workplace function in creating a welcoming, hospitable, clean and safe space for our employees and visitors. This is a great opportunity to manage cultural experience and collaborate cross functionally within a growing global footprint and make a meaningful impact for a learning focused organization.
The ideal candidate has strong People team and/or hospitality experience in rapid-growth tech environments or customer facing industries, an approachable & friendly demeanor, a true attention to detail and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. Candidate must be a self-starter able to work independently with a remote team and manager. Experience with capacity/space planning and post-Covid RTO strategy a plus.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing all day to day operations of our Denver, CO office, acting as the main point of contact, providing support and logistics to employees and visitors, and adhering to the local team budget.
- Ensure exceptional employee and visitor experiences through onboarding, support, events, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Acting as the local point person and project lead for any future office renovations, subsequent build-outs, or moves.
- Partnering with the global Workplace team to identify opportunities for improvement, collaboration and strategy of company-wide initiatives.
- Ensure comprehensive and compliant oversight of onsite security, health, and safety protocols, including audits, training, IIPP guidelines, and adapting to changing conditions like COVID.
- Vendor management including contract compliance and communications with all internal and external service providers.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with property manager and landlord and have ongoing understanding of their systems and protocols.
- Sustain office aesthetics and functionality by ensuring kitchens and conference rooms are fully stocked and clean.
What you’ll have
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Are confident in your ability to feel supported and stay connected and collaborative in an environment where your teammates are spread across the globe. As a self-starter, you’re able to work autonomously alongside your remote team and manager.
- Possess a learning and growth mindset with a people/customer friendly demeanor. You like people and are willing to pitch in and help! Are a culture ambassador, representing Udemy’s brand and values in all aspects of your role.
- Consider yourself a “techie” with a strong familiarity of the most recent innovations and an aptitude for/interest in learning systems and making recommendations for new ones.
- Pride yourself in your capability to partner effectively with a diverse group of colleagues, including senior leadership, across many functions in a global environment.
- Are always learning the skill of prioritization and staying organized in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Are courageously experimental, with the ability to work autonomously the majority of the time, but to ask for coaching and guidance when you encounter new challenges or more complicated problems.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.