Senior Systems Engineer (MDM)
Senior Systems Engineer (GWS)
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and other US locations. Our robust hybrid work model spans San Francisco, Denver, Ankara, Dublin, and Melbourne. This hybrid position requires two days per week in the office at the nearest hub. Learn more about us on our company page.
You’re a seasoned IT operations professional with deep understanding in the areas of specialization outlined in this role. You're a dependable team member that works with minimal supervision, prioritizes well, solves complex problems and can juggle multiple responsibilities at once. You’re a team player who is willing to step in and help out wherever needed and can establish strong working relationships with teammates, stakeholders and other cross-functional team members.
About this role
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the Corporate IT Engineering team at Udemy and will be responsible for the management and administration of Udemy’s core IT services application stack with an emphasis in the administration of Google Workspace, GCP and 1Password. The role will assume ownership and play the part of subject matter expert for these systems and provide tier 3 support for any escalations from the IT support teams.
What you'll be doing
- Provide administration, maintenance and technical support of Google Workspace, GCP, 1Password and supplemental support and administration in other key systems such as Azure/Intune, Jamf Pro, Okta, Zoom, Slack, Box, Asana, and Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Identify, plan, and address any technical debt across supported IT systems and ensure IT systems and operational processes are in alignment with industry best practices, as well as regulatory and compliance requirements
- Perform daily operations tasks such as monitoring IT systems, working IT engineering requests/incidents or project related tasks, resolving unpatched or vulnerable assets, and responding to alerts or incidents
- Partner with IT Support teams to ensure end user device compliance, offer training resources as necessary and teach/mentor junior team members
- Identify areas for process improvement and strategically define procedures and best practices for internal knowledge base or hand-off to IT support teams
- Lead complex projects within your team and cross-functionally, and help coordinate the activities of others on the team
What you’ll have
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology Operations role and minimum 5+ years experience working as IT Systems Engineer/administrator or similar role, preferably within a medium/large scale organization
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform
- Must have experience administering the following key SaaS applications:
- Google Workspace / GCP
- Okta (IdP) - experience with SSO integrations, universal directory/okta expressions language, (bonus points for experience with Okta Workflows)
- Understanding and/or familiarity working with API’s for system integrations or automation work and intermediate to advanced scripting experience using python, bash, or powershell highly desired
- Experience managing end user devices via MDM platforms Jamf pro and Intune/EndPoint Manager, along with advanced knowledge of macOS and windows 10/11 end user operating systems
- Previous experience working under organizations that require compliance from any of the following regulations: ISO, PCI, SOC2, SOX and FedRAMP
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.