Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Senior Manager, Product Marketing
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and other US locations. Our robust hybrid work model spans San Francisco, Denver, Ankara, Dublin, and Melbourne. This hybrid position requires two days per week in our San Francisco office.
Learn more about us on our company page.
You’ve got goals, and you’re energetic when it comes to working toward them. You want to enter an environment that welcomes diverse experiences and broadens your own. With the right support from your team, you’re not afraid to embrace your creativity and take risks that have the potential to move the business forward.
About this role:
The Product Marketing Manager leads go-to-market efforts for Udemy’s products and features. Udemy customers include organizations, learners, and instructors – the right person for the role will be someone who cares deeply about this audience, learns and understands how we deliver value to them, and is a powerhouse when it comes to execution.
What you'll be doing:
- Mentor a small group of incredible Product Marketers, guiding their work and nurturing their careers.
- Partner closely with the Product to influence roadmap strategy and participate in the feature development process.
- Lead, influence, and collaborate closely with go-to-market teams leaders to execute material product rollouts.
- Develop messaging and communication strategies that enable the successful adoption of products and features that instructors use to develop content for the Udemy platform.
- Track competitive updates, identify audience trends, and participate in the product development process to ensure what we’re building delivers true value.
- Advocate for customers by developing a deep understanding of their motivations, wants, and needs
What you’ll have:
- 7+ years experience in product marketing at a fast-paced b2b company with proven experience leading, project managing, and executing large multi-faceted projects
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction and lead go-to-market plan execution
- Strong track record of delivering against KPIs that range from awareness & perception through to adoption, usage, and loyalty
- Deep strength in storytelling, with an ability to bring together multiple sources and a wildly cross-functional collaboration style
- Technical aptitude with a natural curiosity about how things work plus comfort investing time in emerging technologies and applying those learnings
- Strong analytical bent with a disposition toward data-driven decision-making
- International experience marketing products to different user segments in different geos
- Entrepreneurial spirit; a love of the hustle and a scrappy attitude and a passion for learning, Udemy, and our mission to improve lives through learning
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, virtual family care, reproductive health, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.