Deal Desk Manager
Deal Desk Manager
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
This hybrid position requires two days per week in our Dublin office.
You’re a collaborative, data-driven, and creative problem-solver who loves diving into the details. You thrive in dynamic environments like ours where you can strategically build systems, processes, and tools to create best-in-class customer experiences. You love influencing our company’s growth journey and enabling our internal go-to-market teams to efficiently generate revenue and scale.
About this role
As a key member of the Go to Market Operations team, you will be directly contributing to the growth of our B2B business by building out the systems, process, and infrastructure to help scale our organization to the next level. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of the GTMSO Deal Desk Team. The Deal Desk Manager is a cross-functional role that partners with our sales, customer success, legal, and finance teams to streamline our overall quote-to-order process. You will be responsible for defining standard deal procedures, providing analytical and process support to complex, non-standard deals, and facilitating approvals from the respective decision-makers.
The Udemy for Business (UFB) GTMSO team’s mission is to enable all go-to-market teams to scale and grow top line revenue efficiently. The team supports our mission by delivering the process and information flows that drive the entire customer journey optimization, promoting cross-functional alignment, overseeing resource and performance planning, refining key processes to increase efficiencies, and adopting best-in-class tools and technologies to support the entire UFB go-to-market universe from lead generation to customer invoicing.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with our sales, customer success, finance, and legal team leaders to define standard / non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Manage the day-to-day optimization of complex non-standard deals and serve as the primary point of contact for sales, finance, and legal in these transactions.
- Provide training to the sales team on deal structuring and best practices to increase deal velocity.
- Establish a streamlined review process for pricing, deal economics, and alert Sales leaders on potential business impact.
- Contribute to Deal Desk initiatives by leading special projects, including the creation of the playbook for non-standard deal structure models, Deal Desk automation, dashboards, sales analytics, and various performance metrics.
- Ensure that closed-won opportunities have the appropriate expertise, review, and approvals.
- Identify and drive implementation of new tools and process improvements to support growth.
- Lead a growing RevOps presence in APAC.
- Support and mentor Deal Desk Admins as they are hired in the region in order to support the rapidly expanding UFB business.
What you’ll have
- 5+ years experience driving operational improvements in a Deal Desk or Sales Operations function for a high growth US based B2B SaaS company. Experience operating on a team of over 100 sales reps is a plus.
- Helped grow an organization as a manager or team lead previously.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement for contract processing and general support to the sales organization.
- Strong organizational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level.
- Salesforce.com CPQ experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across the UFB business with sales, finance, legal and others.
- Strong process thinking to drive continuous improvements to the Deal Desk.
- Ability to work independently across multiple time zones and coordinate with management based in the US
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the Ireland:
Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, life and income protection coverage
Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement. 26 weeks paid maternity leave for birthing parents as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
Retirement: 6% employer matching Defined Contribution Master Trust
Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
Holidays: 25 paid holidays throughout the year plus bank holidays
About our Dublin location
Dublin is where our Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) headquarters is located, which means it plays a major role in our mission of sharing knowledge and unlocking potential for learners, instructors, and businesses globally. We have a fantastic central Dublin location with a brand new building, purpose-built for us. We’ve invested a lot here and have seen huge growth in the EMEA market – which is why we see Dublin as a key location for the future of Udemy.
We have also been officially certified as a Great Place to Work in Ireland, recognizing our high-trust, high-performance workplace culture. With so many diverse perspectives, languages, and ethnicities coming together here, it’s no surprise that our Dublin office has been thriving.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.