VP of Sales, LATAM
VP of Sales, LATAM
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
Latin America is a critical growth engine for Udemy. The VP of LATAM Sales will help propel Udemy to new heights in terms of revenue and acquiring new logos. Reporting directly to the Global SVP of Sales, this position will have a massive impact on Udemy's future. The VP of LATAM Sales will be responsible for developing and optimizing our existing team of Sales Leaders and Account Executives, as well as preparing the team for sustained growth in 2024 and beyond. This new member of our Sales Leadership Team will define the vision for the daily operations and functions of our LATAM sales team, and will execute the plan to bring it to fruition. As a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership, this person must be an authentic collaborator, a strong leader, and a proactive, strategic problem solver.
What you'll be doing:
- Map strategy: Lead, establish strategies, and grow an account-based and territory-based SaaS sales team consisting of both field and inside sellers, including further development of our strategic account sales team.
- Build systems and processes: Collaborate with and guide our Sales Team and front-line managers to optimize and transform our current systems, processes, and analytics.
- Focus on data: Enhance our existing metrics to benchmark our team's success and utilize data to make informed decisions for future growth.
- Develop and scale the team: Design the organizational structure and strategy in conjunction with our recruiting team to aggressively hire exceptional managers and individual contributors, while continuously developing both new and existing sales team members.
- Plan Regional programs: Collaborate with our Sales Development, Marketing, and Client Success teams to plan key initiatives aimed at driving opportunities and advancing prospects through the sales funnel.
- Optimize and scale: Take the lead in optimizing all aspects of SMB, Enterprise, inbound, outbound, and partner sales development efforts, driving efficiency and scalability.
- Develop market entry and expansion plans for new territories within the region.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, partners, and government entities.
What you’ll have
- Demonstrated track record of 15+ years of Sales experience in B2B sales in Latin America, specifically in SaaS products or technology solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role is essential, showcasing the ability to build, motivate, and manage high-performing sales teams of our size.
- Possess both SMB inside sales and Enterprise field sales experience for a complex SaaS solution.
- Proven experience in leading and growing an organization with an Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) of approximately $25M
- Display genuine interest and excitement in striving towards ambitious goals, hiring and rallying a team around those goals, and leveraging data to achieve objectives through methodical execution.
- Successful track record of accurately and predictably collecting and managing multiple business line forecasts throughout the entire sales funnel.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.