Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 67 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
This is a hybrid position that requires two days per week in our Dublin office.
You’re an analytical problem-solver ready to put your skills toward purposeful work that has a global impact. You want to lead the way in innovation, exploring the latest technologies and finding new solutions. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are eager to work with and learn alongside the best in Product, Design, and Engineering.
About this role
As a crucial member of our team, the UX Designer holds the key to shaping the future of learning at Udemy by delivering a transformative learning and administrative experience for our valued customers. We entrust you with the task of seamlessly connecting various systems, creating a harmonious workflow for both administrators and learners. This role goes beyond the ordinary – you are the architect of the future of learning, empowered to innovate and ideate. Engage directly with our customers, unraveling the complexities of their deep learning challenges, and craft solutions that propel them forward. Your creativity will shine as you discover novel ways to captivate and promote learning within our application, ensuring an unparalleled educational journey for all.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and take ownership of the complete design lifecycle, ensuring that user-centric principles guide every phase.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and stakeholders, to comprehend and address design requirements effectively.
- Conduct user research to derive insights and translate them into impactful design solutions that resonate with our user base.
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and user flows to effectively communicate and visualize design concepts, ensuring alignment with user needs.
- Enforce and advance design systems to maintain consistency and coherence across all products.
- Advocate for systems thinking, recognizing and addressing the interconnectedness within the user experience.
- Innovate with new and existing technologies to creatively solve customer problems.
What you’ll have
- Proven Expertise: A minimum of 5 years in UX/UI design, showcasing a robust portfolio of successful projects. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Tool Proficiency: Proficient in industry-standard design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Usability Testing: Proficient in conducting usability testing and integrating feedback into design iterations.
- Systems Thinking: Demonstrated ability to understand and design within intricate systems, considering the holistic user experience.
- Collaboration: Outstanding collaboration and communication skills, coupled with the ability to thrive in cross-functional teams.
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.