Staff Machine Learning Developer
This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States and Canada.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing efforts in data science, machine learning and R&D. Reporting to our Senior Director of Data Science, you’ll contribute to our efforts in Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) among our Data Intelligence group. Working with our Data Scientists, Machine Learning and Software Engineers, you’ll architect data pipelines, build our production machine learning infrastructure, and support machine learning research.
- Act as a subject matter expert in MLOps and Machine Learning Engineering.
- Help develop infrastructure and process for rapid machine learning feature experimentation, prototyping, deployment and evaluation with customers.
- Build and optimize data lakes, warehouses and features stores to feed research projects.
- Apply best practices for ETL, batch and stream processing to be leveraged for edata exploration and machine learning research.
- Serve as the bridge between the data scientists primarily creating models in Python and software engineers using Go.
- Work in a distributed cloud environment in GCP with a heavy dose of systems like Vertex AI, docker, and kubernetes.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 8+ years experience working with MLOps or Machine Learning Engineering in a production environment.
- Has experience building infrastructure to support deploying machine learning models in production, including production architecture, monitoring and logging in a cloud compute environment.
- Has experience programming with Python and the associated data science/machine learning packages (e.g., scikit-learn, pandas, xgboost, numpy, scipy).
- Has experience building large scale data warehouse solutions to support machine learning research.
It would be amazing if:
- You have experience in Go and Solr.
- You have experience with cloud compute and running services in Docker environments and Kubernetes.
- You can communicate clearly and empathetically with developers, product managers and UX designers to explain the abilities and limitations of machine learning systems.
You might want to know what our stack looks like - here’s a glimpse:
- GCP-based; heavy use of Cloud Datastore, BigQuery, Bigtable
- Kubernetes (GKE), terraform, helm
- Python, Jupyter and GCP based services for data science and machine learning
- General services written in Go; gRPC for APIs; prometheus for monitoring
- React and Typescript on the frontend
- Java, ObjC, and Rust for our mobile stack
- Monorepo for our code: we’re one big happy (in-sync!) family
- CircleCI-based continuous integration and team-based service ownership allow us to deploy software dozens of times per week
Founded in 2014 on the belief that everyone benefits from a more perfect digital experience, FullStory’s digital experience intelligence (DXI) platform empowers businesses to continuously improve their customer experience across sites and apps. FullStory is backed by world-class investors and has 500+ employees worldwide with offices in Atlanta and London. We are proud to have been named to Forbes’ List of America’s Top Startup Employers, Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List, and LinkedIn’s Top US Startups List. We are guided by our values of Empathy, Clarity, Bionics, and Trust, which we embed in our day-to-day work.
How we support you:
FullStorians are committed to building something better—from how we approach our product, to how we care for our customers and each other. Better is only possible when we can bring our full selves to work. Along these lines, we offer:
- Autonomy and flexibility. From a remote-first work environment and unlimited paid time off, to an annual company-wide closure – FullStorians can focus on the moments that matter.
- Benefits. Take care of the whole you. FullStory offers sponsored benefit packages for US-based FullStorians, and supplemental coverage options for international FullStorians.
- Learning opportunities. We provide professional development opportunities through training programs, career coaching sessions, and an annual learning subsidy.
- Productivity support. We provide all FullStorians with a monthly productivity stipend and reimburse remote colleagues for their initial home office set up.
- Team events. Connect with fellow FullStorians through Employee Resource Group events, Listening & Alignment weeks, and team off-sites.
- Paid parental leave. FullStorians have the flexibility to balance the needs of their growing families without the added stress of figuring out work and finances.
- Bereavement leave. Every family is different; we leave it to you to define who your family is, and support you when you need it most.
- Miscarriage/Pregnancy loss leave. Whether it is for a FullStorian or their partner – take the time you need.
FullStory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to fostering an increasingly diverse community. We want candidates of all human varieties, backgrounds, and lifestyles. There’s no problem that can’t be made better by bringing together people with a broader set of perspectives. If our product, values, and community resonate with you, please apply - we'd love to hear from you!