AR Revenue Accountant
What we're looking for:
Ever wish you had the opportunity to use your keen financial acumen to make the Internet a better place? If so, we've got just the gig for you: join our passionate and talented team at Sift, a rapidly growing Bay Area startup that's helping online businesses fight the scourge of online fraud.
We're looking for a Billing and Collections Specialist who really knows their stuff. We're talking a complete mastery of customer billing, reconciling customer accounts, customer communication, and driving special projects. To fit the bill, you also need to be flexible, adaptable, and a big fan of change...we're a startup, after all – it's all part of the fun!
What else? You need to be a strong communicator who challenges yourself every day, continually raising the bar for the entire team. And our ideal candidate is first and foremost a problem-solving whiz who works fast and efficiently without ever losing your attention to detail.
What you'll do and the impact you’ll make:
- Review customer contracts, quotes and purchase orders and issue invoices to customers in accordance with relevant agreed terms.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team to assure bookings workflow to invoices is accurate.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to explain any unusual trends regarding receivables.
- Learn overview of sales tax/VAT regulations covering the company’s sales.
- Work with the global Sales team and customers to resolve any customer-facing issues timely and accurately.
- Ensure integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions and internal controls. This includes Cash Receipts application and necessary Journal Entries.
- Participate in cross functional, quote to cash process and system initiatives to gain efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Collection efforts on reaching out to customers for past due invoices.
- For nonpaying customers, follow company policy in the proper resolution of such invoices and/or propose methods of collecting payment.
- Maintain proper documentation for support and audit preparation. Assist in general audit requests for documentation as needed.
- Performing Account Reconciliations.
- Key player in an inclusive, engaged and high performing team.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- BA/BS degree Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of revenue accounting experience and experience in startup or high-growth SaaS company preferred
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience with NetSuite, Stripe, Avalara, and other financial systems including proficiency in MS Excel
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- An understanding of SaaS related revenue recognition and SaaS metrics a plus
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Let’s Build It Together
At Sift, we are intentionally building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity drives innovation, equity is a fundamental right, and inclusion is a basic human need. We envision a place where all Sifties feel secure sharing their authentic selves and diverse experiences with their teams, their customers, and their community – ultimately using this empowerment and authenticity to build trust and create a safer Internet.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy
Something looks off?